Your secret to a beautiful smile is Invisalign
We know many of our patients worry about the look of traditional braces and the impact it will have on their lifestyle. At Dan Smethurst Orthodontist, we are a leader in Invisalign treatment – the technology that allows you to achieve straighter teeth discreetly!
Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic method that uses clear aligners to straighten teeth without the need for metal braces. These aligners are custom-made to your teeth using clear, medical-grade plastic and are designed to offer flexibility that fits your lifestyle.
How does Invisalign work?
At the start of Invisalign treatment, your orthodontist uses specialised computer software to design a plan for moving your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment. With your treatment broken into a number of stages, your orthodontist will have you wear a different set of plastic aligners every few weeks to accomplish gradual movement.
Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks, and you will remove them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move, little by little, until they have straightened to the final position we have prescribed.
Types of Invisalign
There are four different types of Invisalign available and at Dan Smethurst Orthodontist we can recommend the best type for you:
- Invisalign Full – this is the full Invisalign treatment ideal for major orthodontic cases. Treatment times take an average of 15 to 24 months.
- Invisalign Teen – this Invisalign version is developed specifically for teens and considers a teenage patient’s growing molars. Learn more about Invisalign Teen.
- Invisalign Lite – this version corrects cases affecting the front six teeth and achieves results in as little as six months. Read more about Invisalign Lite.
- Invisalign i7 – this is another fast treatment option designed to correct issues affecting the front six teeth. Results can be achieved in as little as three months.
Invisalign - Watch it in action
Benefits of Invisalign
Once we have introduced Invisalign to many of our patients, it is an easy choice for them to make. Invisalign offers so many benefits, including:
- Discreet: the virtually invisible aligners blend in with the colour of your teeth, meaning many people won’t even know you’re having treatment.
- Effective: Invisalign aligners achieve the same results, if not better, then traditional metal braces, so there are no disadvantages to wearing them.
- Convenient: being able to remove the aligners makes it easy to continue your lifestyle. Simply take them out at meal times or when speaking in public.
- Hygienic: because the aligners are removable, you can brush and floss without any metal appliances getting in the way.
Visit your local Invisalign expert
Dan Smethurst Orthodontist is a top Invisalign provider in Tauranga offering treatment to children and adults. A consultation with our treatment specialists can determine if Invisalign is a good option for you.Schedule your consultation