Simple treatment with Invisalign
Life as a teenager is fast, eventful and fun and can sometimes get complicated. That’s why we at Dan Smethurst Orthodontist aim to simplify teen orthodontic treatment using Invisalign Teen technology.
Most teens and their families visiting our Tauranga practice choose Invisalign Teen over traditional orthodontic braces because of the flexibility that it offers.
Although an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, we recommend an orthodontic consultation at the first sign of orthodontic problems, or between the ages of 7 and 11. At this early stage, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but an examination allows an orthodontist to carefully monitor growth and development and determine the best time to begin treatment.
What is different about Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen aligners have been designed with teenagers in mind and consider a younger patient’s growing molars. It uses the same clear aligners as Invisalign for adults, but Invisalign Teen aligners have a small Blue Dot Indicator. This indicator helps patients know if they are ready for their next set of aligners and shows parents and orthodontists that the braces are being worn as directed.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign Teen aligners are comfortable, removable and nearly invisible, which means teenagers can enjoy life without the restrictions, irritation and self-consciousness associated with metal brackets and wires.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
Parents and teens alike are excited about Invisalign as an orthodontic treatment option for teenagers. In comparison to metal braces, Invisalign Teen offers:
- Less frequent visits – with a series of aligners that are replaced every two weeks, you can spend less time in your orthodontist’s chair and more time playing sports or with friends.
- Faster treatment – Invisalign Teen can straighten your teeth faster than traditional braces.
- Eat and drink as you like – just remove your aligners during meal times so you can eat whatever you choose without the restrictions of metal braces.
- More comfortable –no wires or irritating brackets means a more comfortable treatment.
- Easy to keep clean – these aligners simplify your oral hygiene routine while receiving treatment. They can be removed for brushing and flossing so you can clean your teeth as normal after meals and snacks.
- Greater self-confidence – with aligners made of clear medical-grade plastic, Invisalign Teen is virtually invisible to others, so your teen can smile with confidence.
Invisalign Teen at Dan Smethurst Orthodontist
If you are in Tauranga or the Bay of Plenty and are ready to explore what Invisalign may have to offer your teen’s orthodontic treatment, get in touch with our team today to set up your new patient visit. Let us determine if your teenager is a good candidate to experience the advantages of Invisalign Teen!Schedule your consultation